Terms & Conditions
Madman Anime Festival terms and conditions
For ticket holders
- Sorry, no refunds or exchanges for all ticket types.
- Programme changes may occur without notice.
- Venue capacity limits may apply in some areas.
- Ticket holders consent to being filmed or photographed during the event for advertising and promotional purposes (including for the promotion of future Madman Anime Festival events).
- No commercial filming or photography is permitted without written permission by event management.
- Under 10s Enter Free with an Adult
Children aged 10 years and under can be admitted free of charge with paying adults. Valid for the general admission area only. If your child is mature or tall for their age please bring proof of age to show at the door. Any benefits derived from VIP tickets only apply to the purchaser of the VIP ticket. If you wish for your child to take part in the VIP experience they will need their own VIP ticket.
- Under 13s Require a Guardian
Kids under the age of 13 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (older siblings or cousins under the age of 18 years are not acceptable guardians). It is the responsibility of the legal parent or guardian to ensure their child is safe and supervised at all times.
- Some Restrictions for Under 15s
Some mature content (rated MA15+) may be displayed in some areas. Access restrictions may apply in these areas for attendees under the age of 15.
- Be Cool
Event management may refuse entry or expel anyone (without a refund) that engages in nuisance, anti-social, illegal or dangerous behaviour, including behaviour that may put themselves at risk of injury.
- Be Nice
Any harassment towards anyone by anyone at the event will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion with no refund. We may contact the police or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe.
- Be Safe
Everyone attending the event is doing so at their own risk and must follow all reasonable requests and instructions given by event management staff, including permitting event management staff to inspect all bags upon entering and exiting the venue. As a safety measure we reserve the right to ask any attendee to remove any costuming face covering, mask or head wear if necessary for the purposes of identification. Failure to comply with this will result in removal from the event.
- No (Real) Weapons
Functional weapons are not permitted at the event. Prop weapons are permitted as long as they adhere to the event’s “Prop Weapon Policy”. Prop weapons and bags may be checked upon entry.
- No Drugs, no BYO
Anyone found bringing alcohol or drugs into the event will be refused entry. Anyone found using drugs at the event will be expelled without a refund.
- No Animals
No pets or animals are allowed at the event other than designated guide or assistance animals.
Please read this policy before attending Madman Anime Festival (the Event). Your attendance at the Event means that you agree to comply with this Weapons Policy. Failure to follow this policy may result in your removal from the Event without refund.
You further understand and agree that, for your own safety and the safety of everyone at the Event, Madman Anime Festival has the absolute and immediate right to inspect your costume, prop weapons and any other items you bring to the Event.
You are required to have all prop weapons checked by Event staff upon entering the Event at the General Information Stand at the main entrance to the Event. All weapons deemed unsafe by Event staff or security will not be allowed into the Event.
Misuse of any prop weapon, such as swinging it in a public area or causing a hazard to attendees, will result in the weapon or prop being deemed unsafe. If a weapon or prop is deemed unsafe for the Event due to misuse, it must be removed.
The following items are prohibited at the Event:
- Real or functional weapons
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass)
- Concealed weapons
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns
- Any prop weapons over 1 metre in length
- Firing projectiles, including foam darts (all Nerf guns, water guns etc must be rendered permanently inoperable by plugging the barrel with glue, caulk or any non-removable substance)
- “Prohibited Weapons” under the Control of Weapons Regulations 2000 (Vic) including, without limitation:
- imitation firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms);
- blow guns, slingshots, catapults, dart projectors
- electric current emitting devices (including tasers)
- acoustic or light emitting anti-personal devices
- laser pointers with an accessible emission limit of greater than 1mW
- sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, throwing stars, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs, extendable batons and nunchaku)
Please note, Event staff have absolute discretion to refuse entry or remove an attendee who they believe may be acting in a way that negatively affects public safety or the integrity of the event.
Attendees are reminded that while travelling to and from the event, to make sure due care is taken on your behalf to ensure any weapons or props, which could cause public alarm, are stored in a bag or suitable storage container.
Attendees must use their use best judgment and common sense.